Тема / Топик по английскому языку:
Man has been trying to make his life easier for many centuries. In doing so, he invented machines and instruments. They have been working - and polluting the world we live in.
In this world around us, there are two things that do not belong to any one country: air and ocean water. In both the air and the water, there is much pollution. People are concerned about the air and the water used by everyone, and they are also concerned about the future of the Earth.
One of the most important pollution problems is in the oceans. Many ships sail in the ocean water - fishing ships, some ships carrying people, some carrying oil. If a ship loses some of the oil in the water, or trash from the ships is put into the ocean, the water becomes dirty. Many birds and fish die because of the polluted water. Many fish are dying in the sea, others are getting contaminated. Fishermen catch contaminated fish which may be sold in markets and people may get sick from eating them. Fish may also move to another part of the ocean. Lakes and rivers are getting polluted, too. Some beaches are considered dangerous for swimming.
The second important problem is air pollution. Cars and factories pollute the air we use. It also destroys the ozone layer which protects the Earth from the dangerous light of the Sun.
Another problem is that our forests are dying from acid rain. This, in turn, affects the balance of nature.
If we want our children to live in the same world we live in, or in a better and healthier world, we must learn to protect the water, the air and the earth from pollution.
Answer the questions:
- Why are people concerned about air and water?
- What are the consequences (последствия) of water pollution?
- What are the consequences of air pollution?
- What should people do if they want to live on the Earth?
Translate into English:
- Чтобы облегчить свою жизнь, люди изобретали машины и инструменты.
- Люди озабочены загрязнением воды и воздуха.
- Суда, сбрасывая отходы в океан, загрязняют воду.
- Рыба в загрязненной воде умирает или становится ядовитой.
- Машины и фабрики загрязняют воздух и разрушают озоновый слой Земли.
- Кислотный дождь нарушает баланс в природе.
- Люди должны научиться защищать землю и воздух от загрязнения.
2. People are concerned about water and air pollution.
3. Ships, putting trash into the ocean, pollute the water.
4. Fish in the polluted water die or become contaminated.
5. Cars and factories pollute air and destroy the ozone layer of the Earth.
6. Acid rain destroys the balance of nature.
7. People should learn to protect the soil and water from pollution.